Yields 4 servings
Preparation Time 30 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
|Linguine pasta, uncooked||6-8 ounces|
|Boiling water||1 1/4 quart|
|Garlic cloves, minced||1 teaspoon|
|Cooking sherry||3/4 cup|
|Onions, sliced||1/2 medium onion|
|Green bell peppers, sliced||1 medium|
|Carrots, fresh, sliced||3/4 cup|
|Broccoli, fresh, florets||1 cup|
|Basil, fresh, chopped||1 tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 tablespoons|
|Lemon peel, zest grated fine||1/2 teaspoon|
- In a large pot boil water, add linguine, cook 10 minutes, stir occasionally. Cook till tender but firm. Drain water and rinse. Hold warm for use.
- In a medium pot, saute’ minced garlic in olive oil for one minute. Add sherry and cook for 10 minutes, until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add carrots, onions, broccoli, and peppers to garlic and sherry. Heat until carrots are tender but crisp.
- Add lemon juice, lemon peel and basil to vegetables, cook together, stirring frequently.
- Toss with cooked pasta and serve.